Eco-tourism label Station Verte have the highest-level eco-tourism accreditation in France, managed by the French Federation of Eco-Tourism Holiday Resorts and Snow Villages. Since 1964, it has been recognised as a tourist destination offering high-quality services, upholding the value of the natural heritage and products of the local terroir, in a protected nature reserve.
Huttopia Campsite/Village with “Eco-Tourism Station Verte” accreditation: Huttopia Dieulefit Village and Huttopia Le Moulin, Huttopia Lac de Sillé, Huttopia Gorges du Verdon, Huttopia Etang de Fouché, Huttopia Côte Sauvage and Huttopia Chardons Bleus Campsites.
France’s Regional Nature Parks are committed to protecting the environment and to the well-being of people and the local economy, with a focus on promoting each region’s unique natural and cultural resources.
The “Valeurs Parc naturel régional” certification highlights products and services which meet specific sustainable development criteria. Those awarded the certification are seen as responsible economic stakeholders committed to their region’s sustainable development, respecting nature and helping people and the local economy to flourish.
Huttopia destinations with Valeurs Parc naturel régional certification:
• Huttopia Fontvieille Campsite in the Alpilles Regional Nature Park
• Huttopia Font-Romeu Campsite in the Catalan Pyrenees Regional Nature Park
• Huttopia Senonches Village in the Le Perche Regional Nature Park
The French National Forests Office manages 11 million hectares of public forests, on mainland France and in overseas territories. It has three key objectives: to meet the needs of human populations by producing and harvesting wood, to protect the environment and to host members of the public.
To meet the growing demand of campers looking for natural, friendly, affordable environments, the NFO has created a Camp Site Charter underpinned by sustainable development values.
Established within a forestry estate, the signatory camp sites of the Charter undertake to:
– remain true to the spirit of camping
– offer a good quality of life and environment
– retain the forest character of the camp site
– develop pitches to host people with reduced mobility
– offer events and activities out in the heart of nature
– ensure the safety of all
– promote renewable energies and green means of transport
– practice respectful environmental management
– promote local heritage.
The “Family Plus” rating distinguishes sites and communes committed to hosting families and children, ensuring they are accommodated under family-friendly conditions for an enjoyable stay.
Family holidays offer special moments to be experienced by parents and children alike: they provide the perfect opportunity for families to get together, share and experience new discoveries together, or separately.
Family Plus rated sites undertake to offer services suitable for both the young and old:
– A personalised family-orientated welcome
– Events catering for all ages
– From the youngest to the oldest: specific rates apply to each
– Activities for the young and old, to be experienced together, or separately
– A wide range of shops and services at hand
– Children pampered by professionals
“Bike Friendly” (“Accueil Vélo” in French) is a brand guaranteeing high-quality accommodation and services for cyclists along their cycling route.
The French national Bike Friendly brand has been established under the auspices of France Vélo Tourisme by local tourist organisations in an effort to reserve the warmest welcome for cyclists wherever they may be across France.
They offer cycling tourists the following guarantees:
– Sited within a 5km radius of a cycle route
– Availability of appropriate equipment: secure bike shelter, repair kit
– An attentive welcome: useful information and advice – on routes, weather, etc.
– Bike-related services: luggage transfer, laundry washing and drying, hiring of bikes and accessories, washing of bikes, etc.
The “Hébergement Pêche” (Fishing Accommodation) label is a national certification label developed by the French Departmental Fishing Federation.
Sites with “Fishing Accommodation” certification undertake to offer services and amenities geared specifically towards fishermen:
– Personalised hospitality near to one or more fishing sites, recommendations for activities for those accompanying fishermen, and a data bank on fishing, the fishing industry and the region.
– The provision of a specific area for the storage and drying of fishing equipment as well as a recipient in which to keep live bait.
– Greater accessibility facilitating the practise of fishing: the issuing of fishing permits and specific documentation, the provision of fishing guides and contact details for fishing tackle retailers and possibly even boat rental companies operating in the region.
Camp sites with “Fishing Accommodation” certification: Senonches